Please accept our invitation to participate in the Blackboard Connect notification service. We know your personal information is important, and
rest assured that we will not share it with anyone.
If you have NOT already received a test phone call from us, or you would like to provide additional contact information, click the Blackboard Connect image to
Liquor License Renewal
Liquor License Renewal
- Month of November – Applications must be signed during the month of November.
- November 28 – Applications should be returned to the Board of Selectmen by this date, so that the Board can act at its first meeting in December. (Date may vary a little from year to year.)
- December 31 – Approved licenses must be in your hands by this date.
Things to include:
Instructions for Application:
- Changes and corrections –
- Generally – Please review the application form for correctness.
- Social Security or Federal Identification number – Please verify that the number is correct; make any changes in red ink on the form.
- D.B.A., Zip Code, and spelling errors – Note any changes in red ink.
- Other changes – Note changes in red ink and attach Form 43 showing that the changes were approved by the ABCC.
- Signing – Applications should be signed by an authorized corporate officer, individual or partner.
- Transfer – If a license is in process of transfer, the license holder as of November 30 must file the renewal.
Instructions for Workers’ Compensation:
- Policy – Use the policy currently in effect; policies renew at various times during the year.
- Policy – An acceptable alternative to the policy is a copy of Notice to Employees from Department of Industrial Accidents showing name of insurance company and effective dates
- If the business owner is a sole proprietor, or legal partnership, with no employees, the policy is not required, but do check the appropriate box and complete the Affidavit.
- For fees, click here.
- Please make payable to Town of Williamsburg.
- It is recommended that payment be included with the renewal application. Licenses will be mailed upon approval by the Board of Selectmen.
- Alternatively, you may bring in payment and pick up your license after approval.
- Telephone is 413-268-8400.
- Email is email@example.com
- Please call or email with any questions.
- If you do email, send an email message so we will have your correct address.
- The Selectmen’s office is normally open Monday and Thursday morning 10 to 12 and Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 to 2.
- Winter weather, holidays, vacation days and illness are likely to reduce availability.
- The ABCC is very particular about details of the application, and it is important to pay close attention to the dates.
- Any renewal application not signed during the month of November will be treated as a new license. Therefore, it is subject to all the procedures set forth under Mass. Gen. Laws Chapter 138, Section 15A. (SEE BLUE BOOK PROCEDURES FOR NEW LICENSE)
- Delivery of the license must occur by December 31 for the continuation of the license. It is strongly recommended that everything be completed by December 22.
- There must be a valid certificate of inspection in the hands of the Selectmen.
- Workers’ compensation – Massachusetts law requires all employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance coverage for their employees. A license cannot be renewed if the applicant has not produced evidence of compliance with insurance requirements. (Mass. Gen. Laws c. 152, sec. 25C.)
- Tax certification – Massachusetts law provides that an applicant must certify that all taxes have been paid as required. The tax identification number will be furnished to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, and a license will not be renewed if the applicant is not in good standing with respect to taxes. (Mass. Gen. Laws, c. 62C, sec. 49A.)