Town of Williamsburg, Massachusetts
141 Main St., P.O. Box 447, Haydenville, MA 01039-0447
ph: (413) 268-8400
fx: (413) 268-8409
Liquor License Renewal
Liquor License Renewal
- Month of November – Applications must be signed during the month of November.
- November 28 – Applications should be returned to the Board of Selectmen by this date, so that the Board can act at its first meeting in December. (Date may vary a little from year to year.)
- December 31 – Approved licenses must be in your hands by this date.
Things to include:
Instructions for Application:
- Changes and corrections –
- Generally – Please review the application form for correctness.
- Social Security or Federal Identification number – Please verify that the number is correct; make any changes in red ink on the form.
- D.B.A., Zip Code, and spelling errors – Note any changes in red ink.
- Other changes – Note changes in red ink and attach Form 43 showing that the changes were approved by the ABCC.
- Signing – Applications should be signed by an authorized corporate officer, individual or partner.
- Transfer – If a license is in process of transfer, the license holder as of November 30 must file the renewal.
Instructions for Workers’ Compensation:
- Policy – Use the policy currently in effect; policies renew at various times during the year.
- Policy – An acceptable alternative to the policy is a copy of Notice to Employees from Department of Industrial Accidents showing name of insurance company and effective dates
- If the business owner is a sole proprietor, or legal partnership, with no employees, the policy is not required, but do check the appropriate box and complete the Affidavit.
- For fees, click here.
- Please make payable to Town of Williamsburg.
- It is recommended that payment be included with the renewal application. Licenses will be mailed upon approval by the Board of Selectmen.
- Alternatively, you may bring in payment and pick up your license after approval.
- Telephone is 413-268-8400.
- Email is email@example.com
- Please call or email with any questions.
- If you do email, send an email message so we will have your correct address.
- The Selectmen’s office is normally open Monday and Thursday morning 10 to 12 and Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 to 2.
- Winter weather, holidays, vacation days and illness are likely to reduce availability.
- The ABCC is very particular about details of the application, and it is important to pay close attention to the dates.
- Any renewal application not signed during the month of November will be treated as a new license. Therefore, it is subject to all the procedures set forth under Mass. Gen. Laws Chapter 138, Section 15A. (SEE BLUE BOOK PROCEDURES FOR NEW LICENSE)
- Delivery of the license must occur by December 31 for the continuation of the license. It is strongly recommended that everything be completed by December 22.
- There must be a valid certificate of inspection in the hands of the Selectmen.
- Workers’ compensation – Massachusetts law requires all employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance coverage for their employees. A license cannot be renewed if the applicant has not produced evidence of compliance with insurance requirements. (Mass. Gen. Laws c. 152, sec. 25C.)
- Tax certification – Massachusetts law provides that an applicant must certify that all taxes have been paid as required. The tax identification number will be furnished to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, and a license will not be renewed if the applicant is not in good standing with respect to taxes. (Mass. Gen. Laws, c. 62C, sec. 49A.)