Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.

Site  This Folder

E-Gov Information

Blackboard Connect

Blackboard Connect
Please accept our invitation to participate in the Blackboard Connect notification service. We know your personal information is important, and rest assured that we will not share it with anyone.
If you have NOT already received a test phone call from us, or you would like to provide additional contact information, click the Blackboard Connect image to
sign up.

Food Permitting
The sale of food to the public requires a license, whether for a temporary one-day event, mobile vendor, bed and breakfast establishment, full service restaurant, caterer, or home based (residential) kitchen.  This rule applies to vendors, whether non-profit or for-profit.  

If you are planning a food event, contact the Foothills Health District to discuss your event with the Health Agent: telephone 413 268 8404.  The Agent will guide you through the process.  Application/fee/other documents should be mailed to the Foothills Health District, PO Box 447, Haydenville, MA 01039

An exception to licensing is made for farm stands and farmer’s markets that sell fresh uncut fruits and vegetables, unprocessed honey, maple syrup, and fresh eggs stored and maintained at a minimum of 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

An application to hold a temporary event should be made in plenty of advance time (30 days) to allow for processing, inspection, and permit issuance.

New restaurant establishments must submit a plan drawn to scale, an equipment list, proposed menu, and other documents for plan review and approval by the Board of Health.

Wholesale food vendors (those producing food for sale by a retail vendor) must be permitted by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Food Protection Program.

At least one person who has been certified in food safety must be present in the food establishment/temporary event at all times.  List of ServSafe Trainers

Massachusetts operates under two sets of food regulations: portions of the Federal Food Code and additions or addendum to that code as contained in the State Code  105 CMR 590.000.

If you plan to open a new food establishment, or regularly hold temporary events, it is highly recommended that you obtain and read a copy of the Merged Food Code. This unofficial compilation of both codes is contained in a user friendly format.

Town of WIlliamsburg 141 Main St., P.O. Box 447, Haydenville, MA 01039-0447 PH: (413) 268-8400 Fax: (413) 268-8409