FOOTHILLS HEALTH DISTRICT
Serving Ashfield, Goshen, Williamsburg and Whately
P.O. Box 447, Haydenville, MA 01039-0447
Phone: (413) 268-8404 Fax: (413) 268-8409
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TEMPORARY FOOD EVENTS
This package of information is being sent to you because you have requested a Temporary Food Establishment Permit. Any establishment that stores, prepares, packages, serves, vends, or otherwise provides food for human consumption is a food establishment. A temporary food establishment is one that operates for a period of no more than 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration. If your “food establishment” meets this definition, this packet is for you.
- Read the materials: General Guide to Temporary Food and Festival Events; and, Hepatitis A Fact Sheet, either enclosed or online at www.burgy.org. See Board of Health, then Food section.
- Complete the “Application for Temporary Food Establishment”
- Send the application with your check for $10 to the address above. Non-profit organizations are exempt from this fee. Check is to be written to the town where you are holding the event.
- Enclose a copy of your ServSafe certificate. If you have been licensed by the Foothills for a prior event, we already have this on file.
- Upon receipt of the application I will call you to discuss details.
- Your application will be based on your ability to provide the following:
1/ Cleanliness of all food preparation/storage/serving areas
2/ Sanitizers, clean clothing/aprons, thermometers, are in use
3/ Water supply, if you are hooked up, from an approved water source and carried
via an approved food/grade hose
4/ Food, including ice to be consumed, is from an approved source (please note, food
that is prepared in your home kitchen may not be offered to the public in most cases)
5/ You have made some provision so that no human hands come into contact with ready
to eat foods
6/ Evidence of food safety training (i.e. ServeSafe)
Note: Your application must be received at the Foothills office at least 30 days prior to the date of the event.
Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have. My objective is to help you plan and execute a successful event, while keeping with the spirit of the regulations.
Foothills Health District