Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.

Site  This Folder

E-Gov Information

Blackboard Connect

Please accept our invitation to participate in the Blackboard Connect notification service. We know your personal information is important, and rest assured that we will not share it with anyone.
If you have NOT already received a test phone call from us, or you would like to provide additional contact information, click the Blackboard Connect image to
sign up.

Muskrat and Beaver Control

The Massachusetts Department of Fish and Wildlife has assigned local Board’s of Health the responsibility of investigating nuisance muskrat/beaver complaints and issuing emergency removal permits in Massachusetts.  

High waters caused by beaver activity may be infiltrating your septic system, threatening your well water, or flooding your dwelling or the road.  In these instances the Board of Health can issue a permit allowing a trapper to remove nuisance beavers.

It is the property owner’s responsibility to complete the application and arrange for the trapper.  If the nuisance beaver is not located on your own property, you must obtain permission of the owner on a consent form allowing the trapper to enter the premises.

The Board of Health can permit the removal of the nuisance animals only. The Board cannot give permission to breach (break up) or remove a beaver dam, as this involves wetland regulations. Please contact the Conservation Commission for permission to breach a beaver dam.


Town of WIlliamsburg 141 Main St., P.O. Box 447, Haydenville, MA 01039-0447 PH: (413) 268-8400 Fax: (413) 268-8409